Coronavirus: What Can You Do?
Updated: May 22
Prime your immune system!
Prevention is one thing Naturopathic Physicians do really well! I am a huge proponent of preventative medicine and I wanted to arm you with some easy tips to prime your immune system! There is NOTHING known to prevent COVID-19 but this article highlights immune boosting ideas!
1. Hand hygiene: this age-old tip is tried and true! Wash your hands often when you are in public areas and touch door handles, faucets, chairs, etc. Make it easy on yourself and bring hand sanitizer with you.
2. Don’t touch your face! I am sure you heard this as a kid if you struggled with acne but this is also very true to preventing viral infection. You can easily touch something and then touch your face and incidentally inoculate yourself.
3. If you have a cough, fever or sneeze, STAY HOME! If you already have the common cold or flu, your immune system is busy dealing with that so do yourself a favor and stay home, no need to share your germs with others! Your co-workers will thank you!
4. Hippocrates said it best, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Vegetables and fruits are power packed with vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, and other plant compounds to support your immune system!
5. Let’s head on over to hydration station, shall we? Water is so important! If you live in the desert like I do and you drink RO water, try adding electrolytes into your water- NUUN tablets are my personal favorite.
6. Vitamins & minerals! Get them however you can, supplements, IV vitamins, Green’s First Powder whatever works for you! Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and zinc are my go-to power house vitamins to prevent viral infections.
7. Herbs! There are tons of great herbal options out there like elderberry syrup, osha, echinacea, and derivatives from plants such as monolaurin, and of course, mushrooms!
8. Homeopathic remedies! Oral homeopathics or injectables! You can use combination products or singles- lots of great preventative options!
Wow- that was a lot of information. Yep, I know. Unfortunately, it’s not one-size fits all and its best to tailor the things you choose to YOU specifically.
If you need some expert guidance, come on in and I would love to help craft a plan for you!
Call today: (480) 722- 2811
***There is nothing approved by the FDA is known to prevent COVID-19. All items listed above are ideas to stimulate your immune system.